Thread: Is this guy nuts?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 54
  1. #1

  2. #2
    VCA Member
    Gulf States

    broomrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,395

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Yes, that guy is nuts. He has had that car on eBay for awhile. Even though there are very few Stryker Red Cars. Still it's to pricey.
    He can list it for whatever he wants but no one has to buy it. He is unrealistic.

  3. #3
    VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    I see he is asking more now. There is a thread on here somewhere where he was trying to sell it
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    No, he's just a douchbag...

  5. #5
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    This guy is one of those rare individuals who raises his price based on disinterest. He's at this point now where he is angry at his peers for not validating his delusional behavior and seems to mock them in his sales ad. The only thing I want to do now is take a monster $hit on the hood of that car.....

  6. #6
    VCA Member
    South

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    He thinks he has something really special. He doesn't.

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by wirepaladin08 View Post
    He thinks he has something really special. He doesn't.
    I have a prediction: When a gallon of milk cost $100 bucks, he'll get what he's asking.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Posts
    2,983

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    The user name and location listing on eBay at the ultra high price is a different one than the one that originally listed it asking MSRP. I suspect it is just a joker making fun of the owner thinking that a Viper could be a car that does not plummet in value

  9. #9
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    He's back. But now it's $23k cheaper......

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Dodge-V...5Y4fMT&vxp=mtr

  10. #10
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    ALL OVER
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16,208

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    hes out of his mind and a complete ass

  11. #11
    VCA Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Oct 1995
    Posts
    761

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Just came from Frys the food store, milk is 1.87 a gallon not good for the red Viper. And if your a senior you get 15% off that.

  12. #12
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    hes out of his mind and a complete ass
    Plum, we aren't discussing Dave right now. Please keep the thread on topic......

  13. #13
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Just came from Frys the food store, milk is 1.87 a gallon not good for the red Viper. And if your a senior you get 15% off that.
    I noticed another guy on eBay selling his Stryker Red for $123k. I think even that is a bit unrealistic.

  14. #14
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Aside from the 92, the 96 GTS, and the 99ACR.....the 2017 ACRE is gonna be the keeper in my book.

  15. #15
    VCA Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Oct 1995
    Posts
    761

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    If history repeats itself, all old Vipers will be worth something, look what old Vetts go for and they made thousands of them each year. Time will tell.

  16. #16
    VCA Member
    Great Lakes

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    He started months ago at $130K but would take less as it said "best offer". When it didn't sell he relisted a few times. Then 200K, then 170 K whatever. Love the color though in person it's crazy cool. He gets offended if you message him read his selling notes...
    ...

  17. #17
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    He's back up to $199,900. What a fruitcake this guy is eh?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Dodge-V...5Y4fMT&vxp=mtr

  18. #18
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    32

    Cool Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Seems like the a small group of disgruntled "viper owners" (hahahaha...right) spend most of their time looking at products they can't purchase with their EBT cards. Almost makes one feel a bit sorry for them...

    Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Yes, that guy is nuts. He has had that car on eBay for awhile. Even though there are very few Stryker Red Cars. Still it's to pricey.
    He can list it for whatever he wants but no one has to buy it. He is unrealistic.
    Please give us a breakdown of what constitutes "too pricey" for a niche, hand-built, high-performance car that is now out of production and unlikely to ever come back again in a form that resembles its current raw nature. And while you are working on that, be sure it include a breakdown of why Vipers being sold for half their MSRP when being just 4-5 years old is not "too cheapy".

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    I see he is asking more now. There is a thread on here somewhere where he was trying to sell it
    Sorry KiaJeff, looks like your dream of owning a Viper just isn't going to manifest. There are other threads on here where you get triggered and cry about your life and how pathetic you feel each time you are confronted with a mirror...and then somehow project this onto the Viper. True case study in psychosis.

    Quote Originally Posted by speedracervr4 View Post
    No, he's just a douchbag...
    Sound pretty triggered. Did you wear your little pink hat when you typed that? What Happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    This guy is one of those rare individuals who raises his price based on disinterest. He's at this point now where he is angry at his peers for not validating his delusional behavior and seems to mock them in his sales ad. The only thing I want to do now is take a monster $hit on the hood of that car.....
    So you're mad about not being able to afford THAT Viper, or not being able to afford ANY Viper? I think it's really important to make this distinction... or did you post this seeking validation from your peers, perhaps sharing a few tampons as you cry over the price of a car you are unable to purchase?

    Quote Originally Posted by wirepaladin08 View Post
    He thinks he has something really special. He doesn't.
    Your mom thinks its special.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    The user name and location listing on eBay at the ultra high price is a different one than the one that originally listed it asking MSRP. I suspect it is just a joker making fun of the owner thinking that a Viper could be a car that does not plummet in value
    Ultra high price? I love how buffoons look at the cheapest Viper listed, without any consideration as to why it is cheap, and then expect that all other Vipers should be priced within 10% of the cheapest one. Seems that we have a lot of older gen viper owners mad that their cars are being sold for less than camaros.

    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    hes out of his mind and a complete ass
    OH SNAP! Plumcrazy gettin real crazy with words. Vocab expansion on display!

    Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Just came from Frys the food store, milk is 1.87 a gallon not good for the red Viper. And if your a senior you get 15% off that.
    Sounds like someone who's old, drinks milk by the gallon and drools uncontrollably is all set then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    He started months ago at $130K but would take less as it said "best offer". When it didn't sell he relisted a few times. Then 200K, then 170 K whatever. Love the color though in person it's crazy cool. He gets offended if you message him read his selling notes...
    ...
    Seems like the only ones getting offended are the 2 or 3 active posters on this dead site, none of whom actually own Vipers.

    A more pressing matter is the questionable mental health of the posters here...simple quiz:

    - Why would you message a seller that is selling something that you are not going to buy?
    - Why would you then get butthurt if the seller confirms the fact that you are a moron for doing so?
    - If nobody buys the item at the price it's listed, how is that your problem or concern in any way?
    - If someone does buy the item at the price it's listed, again, your problem or concern how?

    Depending on the answers, we get, we may need to commit some of these people before they snap and shoot up a church or school. I get a sense that Milky McMilkerson is right on the edge...if one day he has to pay $1.99 per gallon after this 15% "one foot in the grave" discount, he may just decide it's time for some kind of reckoning.

  19. #19
    VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Too funny....

    Aka kiaJeff
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

  20. #20
    VCA Member
    Great Lakes

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    I am not going to comment on anything here, but this...Stryker Red is an awesome color I do want to say that. Only one I saw was at the plant the red jumps out at you. High or low price, it's a bad ass color...

  21. #21
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I am not going to comment on anything here, but this...Stryker Red is an awesome color I do want to say that. Only one I saw was at the plant the red jumps out at you. High or low price, it's a bad ass color...
    Totally agree! It is a pretty nice stand out color.

  22. #22
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I am not going to comment on anything here, but this...Stryker Red is an awesome color I do want to say that. Only one I saw was at the plant the red jumps out at you. High or low price, it's a bad ass color...
    Yeah, you are entirely correct about this. SR is a color that cannot be appreciated without seeing it in person, and it's a color that even non-car people will not be able to stop staring at. The other stryker colors, while nice, are nothing like the original. The small group of people who realize this and decide they want a SR Viper will understand why it commands a premium.

    If I was buying a gen 5 Viper today, I'd EASILY be willing to pay at or near MSRP for a pre-owned SR in great condition. I'd be a fool not to, and if I was selling one, I'd say the seller is a complete idiot for not at least asking that much. If I was buying a gen 5 in 3-5 years from today, I'd EXPECT a SR to be selling for well over MSRP. Why? Besides color, there is nothing else significant differentiating Vipers that cannot easily be changed by the owner. They all have the same bones, same engine, same trans, etc.

    You can bolt on the TA's revised suspension/brakes, the ACR's aero kit, but you can't repaint a Viper to true OE spec SR. Call Prefix and ask them for a quote. They'll tell you they don't do the original SR paint formulation, but they can get you close and it will cost ~$30K+ depending on how much prep work needs to be done...and even if you did all that, it's still not a legit OE SR and the color will mismatch the VIN, typically lowering the car's value or forcing it to be sold as a "replica", also at lower price.

    But hey, let's make threads on the Viper forums displaying unhinged ignorance/spite/jealousy, trashing Viper owners/sellers...then wonder why there's nothing but crickets and tumbleweeds here. Karma struck this place pretty hard and threads like this are no doubt a big part of why. smh

  23. #23
    VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Wow.....

    I agree with parts of what you said. The one truth in buying and selling any car is a car is only worth what buyer is willing to pay. You may find you’re gotta have this buyer, however, not all buyers gotta have. I still think you’re too high, but so was the Vooodoo II that ended up going over seas for a 1/4 mil. Good luck
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

  24. #24
    VCA Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Oct 1995
    Posts
    761

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Great post, but I am not that old, but I do drink a lot of milk, and truth be told I would love to see the prices go up on all Vipers, and I think they will as time gos by, and the red looks cool but to me over priced at this time.

  25. #25
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Posts
    2,983

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    The user name and location listing on eBay at the ultra high price is a different one than the one that originally listed it asking MSRP. I suspect it is just a joker making fun of the owner thinking that a Viper could be a car that does not plummet in value
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakize View Post
    Ultra high price? I love how buffoons look at the cheapest Viper listed, without any consideration as to why it is cheap, and then expect that all other Vipers should be priced within 10% of the cheapest one. Seems that we have a lot of older gen viper owners mad that their cars are being sold for less than camaros.
    So, you are calling me a buffoon because I thought someone copied your $129,000 eBay auction ad and posted the exact same photos at $200,000 with a different seller name? This happening after the jokers on Viper Alley went goofy with your post there? It sure looked like something that one of them would have done. I happen to agree with you that you can ask whatever price you want. I do not care. I assumed that because you listed it at $129,000 and then a different eBay seller name listed it at $70,000 higher that is much higher. Sorry if I offended you by using the term ultra high.

  26. #26
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    I laugh at all the time you spent posting individualized responses complete with psychoanalysis. It reminds me of that ridiculous description you put in your eBay ad that had Personality Disorder written all over it. Let me inform you that your car is old news. Nobody gives a $hit about a hyper inflated 2013 Stryker Red paint job. I wouldn't buy that hunk of spun bearing $hit for $80k I don't care how "brilliant" it looks at certain angles. Oh, I forgot, you're not marketing the car to sane individuals who understand that the value of your car won't be $200k for another 65 years. You're marketing to goat humping oil sheiks who would drive it for a month then abandon it next to a bombed out building as soon as it threw a code.

  27. #27
    VCA Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Oct 1995
    Posts
    761

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Well I guess that sums that up.

  28. #28
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Well I guess that sums that up.
    Hey, this guy is the antithesis of a good marketer. I personally have never paid a premium for anything when it's attached to an unreasonable fuqstik.

  29. #29
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    32

    Talking Re: Is this guy nuts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    So, you are calling me a buffoon because I thought someone copied your $129,000 eBay auction ad and posted the exact same photos at $200,000 with a different seller name? This happening after the jokers on Viper Alley went goofy with your post there? It sure looked like something that one of them would have done. I happen to agree with you that you can ask whatever price you want. I do not care. I assumed that because you listed it at $129,000 and then a different eBay seller name listed it at $70,000 higher that is much higher. Sorry if I offended you by using the term ultra high.
    The buffoonery stems from the fact that people expect Vipers to be priced according to the lowest one for sale or what some fool on a message board claims (typically a non-owner who blows text out of his anus), often times without even looking at why some of them are going for $65-$70K. Is $200K "ultra high" for a car that's more exclusive, better looking, and better performing than cars costing at least that much? Because clearly MSRP is irrelevant if we're OK with 50% drop in just a couple years, so if we're not using MSRP for gauging what is too low, it certainly isn't going to be a ceiling either. Don't worry, I don't get offended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    I laugh at all the time you spent posting individualized responses complete with psychoanalysis.
    As opposed to what...posting a single reply to each post I wanted to respond to? It took very little time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    It reminds me of that ridiculous description you put in your eBay ad that had Personality Disorder written all over it.
    Quite funny that you're projecting your mental disorder onto me, as if you're not the creeper in soiled sweat pants with no underwear watching my little pony reruns on hulu...laying in a bed that's vaguely shaped like a race car and covered in cheetos crumbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Let me inform you that your car is old news.
    Agreed. It's an instant classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Nobody gives a $hit about a hyper inflated 2013 Stryker Red paint job. I wouldn't buy that hunk of spun bearing $hit for $80k I don't care how "brilliant" it looks at certain angles.
    I'm not so sure that "nobody gives a $hit" - you sure seem to. Also, small typo there...the word you wanted was "couldn't buy". Couldn't. That's why you're so mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Oh, I forgot, you're not marketing the car to sane individuals who understand that the value of your car won't be $200k for another 65 years.
    So you're the barometer for "sanity" now? Aww, that's precious. Why don't you give us your expert valuation then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    You're marketing to goat humping oil sheiks who would drive it for a month then abandon it next to a bombed out building as soon as it threw a code.
    I get it, goats remind you of my little ponies and you want to hump them. Maybe it's time for a vacation?


    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Wow.....

    I agree with parts of what you said. The one truth in buying and selling any car is a car is only worth what buyer is willing to pay. You may find you’re gotta have this buyer, however, not all buyers gotta have. I still think you’re too high, but so was the Vooodoo II that ended up going over seas for a 1/4 mil. Good luck
    Can you give me a good reason why someone who owns an SR looking to sell it should let it go for anything less than something in the ballpark of orignal MSRP? What are options does a buyer have they REALLY want one? Throw a tantrum like free2go in the hopes that the seller just lowers the price? I don't think that's going to work. I guess they could just wait and hope a sucker appears and lets one go cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Great post, but I am not that old, but I do drink a lot of milk, and truth be told I would love to see the prices go up on all Vipers, and I think they will as time gos by, and the red looks cool but to me over priced at this time.
    The price is only going up...and with central banksters planning to implode the financial markets soon, USD buying power going to evaporate. Now is a good time to acquire REAL property and divest of fiat currency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Hey, this guy is the antithesis of a good marketer. I personally have never paid a premium for anything when it's attached to an unreasonable fuqstik.
    We often talk about a FCA working to mandate a higher end dealership experience for SRT vehicles and the Viper, then you realize free2go is the kind of guy that usually stumbles into a random Dodge dealer...often smelling of stale cigarettes and wild turkey, muttering something about the vending machine being all out of animal crackers. Doubtful that the concept of "premium" anything is even a passing thought in his mind as he leans over to puke into the open window of a Dart.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Is this guy nuts?

    I remember the last time I was unemployed and was looking for something to pass the time. I think that was 1985 in between working at BK and KMart. Instead, I found a girlfriend Guess things and people are different today...well back to making cash to buy the next.....


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For you Gun Nuts!
    By Ratical2 in forum Sneaky Pete's Place
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 06:58 AM
  2. Lug Nuts
    By DPViper in forum SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 04:32 PM
  3. Ti Lug nuts
    By Russ M in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 03:36 PM
  4. Are the lug nuts the same for a GTS vs. ACR?
    By onerareviper in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts