2006 with 17K miles won't go into reverse

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had a performance shop replace the original exhaust with straight pipes. I've driven the car 10 times with no issues since then. Yesterday and today when I start the car it won't go into reverse. Running, off, hill, flat doesn't matter. All other gears are fine. Shifter won't even go into the slot as if it is not there. No warning lights and no error codes. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

OP
OP
N

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not. Is there something on the forums to show me how to do that? Thanks

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not. Is there something on the forums to show me how to do that? Thanks
I would check the fuse first and then the connector at the solenoid and also the connector on the harness (C300 in picture) since either could possibly have been hit when they were messing with the exhaust.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked. I think that it is a 15amp fuse in #14 slot & labeled maybe something like "Rear 02 Sensor to Heater Relay". Reverse lock-out and ship shift solenoids are also tied into that circuit.

If that were the cause I think that you would have engine codes, though.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rear O2 wiring is damaged, very common on Gen-3 Belanger setups due to the sensor placement. Lockout and skipshift are powered off the same circuit.

OP
OP
N

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear O2 wiring is damaged, very common on Gen-3 Belanger setups due to the sensor placement. Lockout and skipshift are powered off the same circuit.

So if the wiring is replaced it will fix it? It was indeed a Belanger exhaust upgrade.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No. The problem will just re-occur. We change the entire setup around to combat this. Downstream O2 sims are the easiest solution in your case if you dont have OBD2 inspections in your area.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is the reverse lockout solenoid you can buy one for around $ 180 or take it out and remove the spring it will work fine I have to do it just look it up on u tube it shows how to do it !!!!!!