1997 GTS Driver's Side Window went down and won't go back up

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A member has contacted me last week. His driver's side window went down but won't go back up. He is having difficulty finding a replacement switch.
He states "IT IS A DUAL CONTROL BUTTON THAT CONTROLS LEFT AND RIGHT POWER WINDOWS. WHEN I PULLED IT OUT IT WAS ONE SWITCH .WHERE CAN I GO?"

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks!
ViperCeeJ

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CJ, it may or may not be the switch. It could be the motor. He needs to trace wiring to jump leads to test.

71firebird400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct that a proper 1996/1997 window switch is discontinued, and nearly impossible to find. However, you can easily remove the plastic cover from the factory switch and install it on the switch that was made for early 90's Dodge Daytonas and Grand Caravans- they are identical.

If it does end up being a problematic switch then you can use a Standard DS-1129 which is commonly available for around $25.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
71firebird400- Great job!

CJ- As John mentioned it may or may not be the switch. I just had to replace the passenger side window regulator on my '96 GTS. I had to source a used passenger side regulator as they are no longer available through Mopar. However, the driver's side is still available, go figure.

So if it ends up being the regulator and not the switch the guy is in luck.

OP
OP
V

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of you - thank you! I will pass this information on to the gentleman who contacted me. I will let you know if he has any other questions. Appreciate ALL of the support!!!