First shakedown of my car at a track event

Boosted Motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got the car out to an event to do a shakedown before I start bringing it to track events. Wanted to make sure overheating was not going to be an issue and it was the perfect day for a torture test. Ambient temps were 110* in the high desert and with not turning the car off between 5-6 runs each time and idling in staging the car never overheated.

Toyo R888 tires were losing grip but they are getting towards the end of their life cycle and pavement temps were off the charts also. Played with the tire pressure settings but still didn't seem to help much!

Should have setup my other gopro closer to the windshield for runs as it was so bright out that the camera had a bit of trouble capturing the interior and exterior exposure lighting. Oh well you can still make out the just of it and see the fun we had. Got caught in a snap oversteer situation on the second run that would not stop snapping back and forth as I tried to miss the oncoming cones. Never lost it but me and my buddy were dying laughing :smilielol:

https://youtu.be/RSm2FM1S_FQ

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I politely add some constructive criticism? Please don't add cheesy music to the front and back side of a video. It's an irritating genre of music unless you're a twelve year old. I had to quickly adjust my volume when the music came on and I got a white flash of anger that shot through my brain. I then spent the next 10 seconds suppressing my desire to choke someone. Thanks bud.

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for keeping the music. I'm 40 years old and I personally like the music he added. I think it has to do more with the part of the country we're from and what we grew up listening to. I can appreciate
the time and thought Boosted has put into his videos. Instead of posting videos from a cell phone with poor sound quality and angles, he's carefully edited his videos so we don't have to sit through boring
hours of him trying to get a part off. I think the music at the beginning and end of the videos is just the finishing touch to making his video more professional than amateur. At the end of the day, we all
have different tastes. You can't please everyone so just keeping doing what your doing Boosted.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the music, the bad camera angle, the high pitched giggling, the awkward fist bumps, and the over all ********** undertones, I thought it was a good video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper