blown fuse

RVW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Viper. Driving the car yesterday and it just shut off engine died. All light work but the car would not restart or crank over. Got the car home and starting to do some checking. In the fuse block the 25 amp fuse was blown. Replace the fuse and everything is working. Just doesn't seem right for a fuse to blow for no apparent reason. Anybody know where I can get a a wiring diagram or have any suggestions?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you look up the service manual they have the wiring diagram as a separate option you can buy as well. I got a CD service manual that had the wiring included and got the physical wiring book as well as I didn't know that the CD had both. Do you know what that fuse goes to? Should say on the fuse panel cover. Would at least give you a place to start. Guessing it's probably fuel or ignition since the car died. Maybe one of the coils is breaking down when it gets hot and causing a short that trips the fuse? Would have to drive it around some more and see if it does it again.

OP
OP
R

RVW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look up the service manual they have the wiring diagram as a separate option you can buy as well. I got a CD service manual that had the wiring included and got the physical wiring book as well as I didn't know that the CD had both. Do you know what that fuse goes to? Should say on the fuse panel cover. Would at least give you a place to start. Guessing it's probably fuel or ignition since the car died. Maybe one of the coils is breaking down when it gets hot and causing a short that trips the fuse? Would have to drive it around some more and see if it does it again.

from what I can figure out it is the ignition fuse. It says ASD 25A on the inside of the fuse holder box. The car has 22,000 miles on it.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ASD fuse#1 in position #11 is a common problem on early Gen III Vipers, noting it was a 20 amp fuse in 2003. By 2006 it was a 25 amp fuse. One must still wonder aboUt root cause.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
By the way, the 2006 Service Manual on CD is actually photos of the paper manual. That was the last year for print versions of service manuals for Vipers.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
RVW, any update? Glancing through 2006 Manual, the A14 circuit ofF of the B11 fuse goes to ASD relay which can kill right and left upstream O2 sensors, hydraulic cooling module, all injectors, and right and left coil packs....lots of wiring to check if fuse keeps blowing. I would start with upstream O2 sensors.

OP
OP
R

RVW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have not had a chance to get into the car yet. Hope to look into it in the next week or so

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper