New Gen III Owner!

awes3939

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

After 3 corvettes ('02 Z06, Mallett Hammer '02 Z06, '08 Z06), I finally made my way up to a Viper.
It's a 2006 coupe with a Paxton blower, Niche wheels, Corsa exhaust, KW coilovers, and a nice sound system.
I just need to do something about this cabin heat! I think Roe HFCs will help, how about that Koolmat system? I sweat way too much, lol.

Look forward to learning more and being in the community!

Eric :beer:

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Viper looks great! Any mod plans besides what's on it already?

JANEY

VCA Member-Director MW Zone & Great Lakes Region
Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Congratulations! Nice Viper!

OP
OP
A

awes3939

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Viper looks great! Any mod plans besides what's on it already?

Thank you! I'm looking into doing HFC's and (possibly) headers. I like the Roe HFCs from what I've read. Just want to eliminate heat! And sound cool. :)
Was also looking into doing an APR front splitter and maybe some carbon canards up front like the ACR. Would love to do a fat rear diffuser with more fins too....and a Gen IV hood (which seem to be hard to find).

Welcome to the "Throttle Cable" club! Get 'em while you can, 'cause they ain't making no more!

That's what I've heard vs the Gen IV! Couldn't be happier :)

Very nice!!!!!!

Thank you sir!

Welcome! Congratulations! Nice Viper!

Thank you very much!

chicagopd50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went with cat deletes and my car was day and night with cabin heat issues... i assume high flow cats would be almost the same..

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double check to be sure you aren't just running the factory H-pipe exhaust. I have cat back Corsas, the car cooled down significantly after they were installed and the H-pipe was removed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

awes3939

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went with cat deletes and my car was day and night with cabin heat issues... i assume high flow cats would be almost the same..

Yes, I think HFCs are next in line. It's ridiculously hot inside!

Double check to be sure you aren't just running the factory H-pipe exhaust. I have cat back Corsas, the car cooled down significantly after they were installed and the H-pipe was removed.

I have the cat-back Corsa as well. I think it's the cats that are jamming up with so much heat (probably since SC too)

Very Nice. Congrats!

Thanks man!

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes we just got to live with the cabin heat but don't forget your driving one of the best looking cars on the road !!!!

kainedogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I had no idea they look that good clean, guess better wash mine...lol. What can you tell me about the rear spoiler? It looks very clean and subtly accentuates the cars curves.

OP
OP
A

awes3939

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I had no idea they look that good clean, guess better wash mine...lol. What can you tell me about the rear spoiler? It looks very clean and subtly accentuates the cars curves.

Thank you sir! Check out Autoform. They do tons of aero stuff for Vipers and have been around for quite some time (I think they were even around for the original development of the Viper if I'm not mistaken) this is the SRT10 Coupe Track Attack spoiler. It adds a lot to the rear end of the car. Check it out.

http://www.autoformgroup.com/index....t_id=234&virtuemart_category_id=56&Itemid=783

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a great looking car red with the black top looks awesome, There is nothing better for the car than removing the cats, once there gone car runs cool as a cucumber , but I under stand not everyone can do that, every state is different, so from what I hear HFC are better than the stock cats with the heat they throw off , also if you remove the cats you have to make some other mods so it will not set a check engine light, for most the easy way is swap out the cats to HFC.

Snake3yez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club! I remember seeing this car on eBay when I was looking for a Paxton GEN3 myself. I ended up with the one in the picture. Love the red and black roof on yours.