New Member/ New Owner

Wild4racin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Viper SRT-10 that I bought about 3 months ago with 13k miles. I had never even sat in a Viper before and I don't know what's normal. The idle of my Viper seems a little rough. It really vibrates especially when cold. Is this normal, or should I take it in for a tune up?

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been a 94 RT/10 owner since March, and though I wouldn't say my idle is rough, it's definitely...rumbly? As in it fluctuates, it vibrates, things rattle occasionally, it's something you are much more aware of than a "normal" car.

Do you know when it last got a tune up?

OP
OP
Wild4racin

Wild4racin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ViperDefender for the reply!

I have no idea on the tune up. Since I bought it 3 months ago I've changed all of the fluids and had the rear diff, and while I was at it, the ring and pinion replaced WITH A 3.55. The log book was empty and nothing about tune ups on the Carfax report.

Since a Viper tech drove my car when I had the rear end worked on, and he made no mention of a potential tune issue, I'm guessing it's normal based on your description.

Thanks again!

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure thing! I'm no Viper expert, but I've definitely been getting a better feel of the car these past few months.