Clutch problem, please advise.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My clutch took a dump on me this morning. Was damn lucky to get it into a empty parking lot before it went out completely. Good news was that I got it towed back to my house, without a scratch, for $75 bucks!....plus a very nice tip. Anyway, what would be a good clutch for a Gen2 Roe supercharged set up and what can I expect to pay for install? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shot slave cylinder? Is fluid level low? Boiled fluid in poorly shielded clutch hydraulic line?

Thanks for the reply Steve. I don't know what it is yet and I don't have a lift at the moment to take a good look. The clutch pedal is super loose and effortlessly goes all the way to the floorboard and you can't put it into any gear. Last night, I drove to get gas and noticed it was a bit stiff rowing the gears. I smelled something fishy while I was pumping the gas, but it was hard to distinguish as there were so many other vehicles around including diesels. No smell when I got home. This morning, after about 10 minutes of driving, I knew something was wrong and soon after, it got to the point where I had to turn off the car to get into first and it would still creep forward with the clutch pushed all the way down.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy a LUK off of ebay. its the stock clutch which is fine for the power you are at unless you do a bunch of drag racing from a dig.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy a LUK off of ebay. its the stock clutch which is fine for the power you are at unless you do a bunch of drag racing from a dig.

Thanks Phil. I'll probably upgrade the clutch a bit from stock. After reading some threads, I may wind up replacing a bunch of $hit while this is all being done as I plan on keeping the car until I die.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did check the clutch master fluid level, sounds like the Clutch Master or slave cylinder is bad.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with something other than stock, at someone's recommendation. I did not like where the clutch engagement point was with the aftermarket parts. I did get used to it, though. This is one of the "risks" of going away from stock clutch/flywheel parts to consider.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the slave cylinder. I've got a new one along with a 21 pound flywheel heading my way. Gonna stick with the stock clutch if at all possible as I won't be tracking or doing anything more than the occasional burn out.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everybody already knows this, but John B at Viper Parts Rack is an incredible asset to any Viper owner. All you need is his phone number for any issue you ever have. Keith Laxson, who lives about ten minutes from me, will be doing the work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper