Thread: Viper Mysteries

Reply to Thread

Default Viper Mysteries

Does anyone have any mysteries with their Viper that they just can't figure out? I've got a few, but one of the stranger ones is a tiny knob underneath the lip of the dash under the steering wheel. I'm assuming it isn't stock...and the best guess I have is something related to the audio system, but that's only because I don't have any better guesses. I can post a picture, but was also curious if anyone else had little unsolved mysteries like that.

-Travis
    getupandgo.blog

Enthusiast

Default Re: Viper Mysteries

Pedal adjustment knob?

Quote Originally Posted by blownrunner View Post
    Pedal adjustment knob?
    I don't think so, it's pretty tiny and seems to be electronic...I'll find the pic I took when I first got it and post it

VCA Member
    South

It's a tracking device, and you found it too late.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    It's a tracking device, and you found it too late.
    Noooooo...!

VCA Member
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDefender View Post
    Does anyone have any mysteries with their Viper that they just can't figure out? I've got a few, but one of the stranger ones is a tiny knob underneath the lip of the dash under the steering wheel. I'm assuming it isn't stock...and the best guess I have is something related to the audio system, but that's only because I don't have any better guesses. I can post a picture, but was also curious if anyone else had little unsolved mysteries like that.

-Travis
    getupandgo.blog
    Might be a subwoofer volume knob. Do you know if there is an aftermarket amp installed? There was an amp in a car I bought once that had a provision for a volume knob like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMap View Post
    Might be a subwoofer volume knob. Do you know if there is an aftermarket amp installed? There was an amp in a car I bought once that had a provision for a volume knob like that.
    I do believe there is an aftermarket amp installed, as well as a multi-disc changer. I'll take a closer look at it and get a picture posted, but I'm definitely leaning towards it being related to the audio system.

Here's the picture of the knob I've been promising--took me quite a few tries to get a picture of it that actually makes sense, as the Viper's footwell is a pretty cramped and awkward space to get a picture from...

IMG_E5290.jpg

I can turn it, but doesn't seem to do anything. Didn't know if anyone else had something similiar.

Viper Owner

It's a steering damper!

Quote Originally Posted by AviP View Post
    It's a steering damper!
    Whatever it is, doesn't seem to do anything...

International Viper Registry Curator

There are wires connected to it, right?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill